1. Oedipus is not fully responsible for his fate, but he should have seen something coming that would not end well for him. On page 184 Oedipus is talking to the seer Tiresias about ending the plague and it is revieled that the murderer of Lais, the old king, is the cause of the plague and needs to be killed or exiled. Before he leaves Oedipus he tells the king that the murderer "sowed the loins that his father sowerd, he spilled his fathers blood!" (185) coincidentily that is the same as told to Oedipus's parents when he is brought to the oracle as a baby.
2. Oedipus was a great leader to his people throughout his reign. although he came to the throne by saving the city, he has dealt with many anger issues and mistrust with his close advisors such as creon. Oedipus saved his city not only once but twice, the second coming after he learned that he had killed his father and sowed the loins of his mother. He decided it was best for the city of Thebes that he step down from the throne and leave in exile so that the plague could go away.
3. Oedipus was a great king, but not thye best character. He suffered from a very large amount of hubris, hubris meaning extreme pride or arragonce. Even when dressed as a begger to leave for Thebes he still cannot understand what it means to be a begger. When Lais and his convoy come by and tell Oedipus to move, it is Oedipus's hubris that keeps him from movie and in the end the reason why he killed Lais.
4. While Oedipus is about the fate that people have and cannot escape, minority report tries to be about the opposite. John Anderton is about free will and choice in the end while Oedipus is condemnnd from birth. The most important scene in Minority report, where Anderton confronts Lamar Burgess with the fate of pre-crime in the balance,is about free will and choice. John tells Lamar that he has a choice and doesn't have to follow what was predetermined. Lamar choses to be his own man and change his fate, unlike Oedipus.
5. In society the eyes are called the windows to the soul, and they play an important role in many movies and some books. In minority report the bright blue eyes of Agatha and the precogs are symbolic. They represent the all-knowing ability that so many people are terrefied of the precogs for. The future seems so clear in the eyes of the gifted. John Anderton also has the bright blue eyes of the precogs, but he doesnt have the sight they do. Although he cant see the future the movie does suggest that out of most people, he has sight to make choices normal people dont. Our society portrays eyes as symbols in movies or tv shows to help people understand characters. They have characters have these eyes that giveaway info about their pesonal selves to suggest that they eyes really are just windows to your inside.
6. Society is a very complex design and no one person knows everything about it and where it will go. the fact that the movie is set practicly a century after the book came out is just to disguise the reason that it came out. Speilberg made the movie about civil liberties and the fact that maybe by 2054 events will conspire to take away the rights we all cherish now. This movie helped enlighten many people about the changing world and the beginning of the 21st century. This world may chang for the better or the worse but it is always good to know that people will always advocate for the right that every person should have.